Posted to alt.home.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default basement waterproofing

gregz wrote:
bob haller wrote:
been there done the wet basement thing At my moms home I had inherited..

Started by installing a exterior french drain around most of the home,
waterproof outside walls with the tar coating, installed new sidewalks,
steps, part of the driveway, regraded entire yard brought in tractor
trailer load of gravel for under the sidewalks, new downspout lines to
street at daylight.... curb appeal was awesome, basement dry I was happy,
exhausted I was a laborer on the job although I had help Cost a fortune.....

2 months later the water was back burgling up thru the floor.....

So I got the interior french drain with sump pump and that solved the wet
basement issue.... the interior solution was far less expensive, and far
less disruptive than all that exterior work that wasnt effective

I used
http://www.advancedbasement.com/inde...&idG&Item idT

they did a excellent job and honestly after this was all over I wished I
had gone with the interior drain first...

I had that site bookmarked. How long was the drain. Mind if I ask cost ??

I'm going to do a radon test first, but summer is not a good time to test.

Greg

The other....

http://www.bakerswaterproofing.com/f...on-repair.html

Greg