Paul O.

Default Another humidor question for you humidor makers

"Carter" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Faced plywood can work just fine for the exterior. Make sure the plywood
has not been treated with anything that could impart a bad taste to your
cigars, or seal the exterior from the interior spanish cedar or Honduran
mahogany to prevent the odor from migrating inside the cabinet.

As for sealing the unit, this really depends on the area you live in. If
your in a very dry climate (desert) then you will need a full seal to
maintain 70%. However if your in a medium to full humidity climate then
it's ok to have less then a full seal. Your cigars need a little
circulation anyway which is why it's recommended you rotate them every
now and then, so it's ok not to have a 100% sealed box.

http://pweb.netcom.com/~raptorlp/humidor.html

Lee
Carter Products Company
http://www.carterproducts.com

Thanks for the info.My thoughts were, if ply was useable, to go to the big

lumber store here and get a good faced ply and treat the interior with a
good wood sealer and silicon all the interior joint edges before putting the
cedar in.As far as the outside, my finish of choice at the moment is wipe on
poly, however that may change depending on what faced ply I decide to use.
Currently making stuff out of red oak and may stay with that to match other
projects I want to do in oak. But we will see, I would kinda like to do
something in a nice dark wood tho. Thanks again.
--
Paul O.