Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default OT No dates on conflicting webpages.

"Robert Green" wrote:
"micky" wrote in message
On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 11:00:22 -0400, "dadiOH"
wrote:

How come most webpages have no date?

No idea but if you want to know when the page was last updated, go to the
page and paste this in the address window...

javascript:alert(document.lastModified)

Thanks a lot. But it didn't do anything.

Works for me in Firefox. Opens up a little alert window over the page being
viewed. Cool trick, DadiOH! Oddly enough it even works on pages where I
don't permit Javascript. Are you entering
javascript:alert(document.lastModified) into the URL window at the top and
then clicking on the "GO" arrow?

--
Bobby G.

While the doc.lastmodified may tell you the last time the page was
modified, I don't think it's a valid method to determine if the information
is current.

It tells us when the page was modified, not what was modified.