Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Robotic Arm finally came in.

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
. 3.70...

"RogerN" fired this volley in
om:

It has relative
moves relative to a fixed position,

"Relative" moves relative to a fixed position are called absolute moves.

'Relative' moves are only those which are referenced to the current
position.

Lloyd

Yes but the positions can be defined relative to a fixed position or the
current position. Like in Autocad I can make a line from point 1,1 to point
2,1 or from point 1,1 to point @1,0 and both produce the same line but the
2nd position in the 2nd example is defined relative to the first point.

If something is 30 miles West of Chicago, is that only a relative position
if I'm currently in Chicago? Or would it be only relative as "30 miles West
of here"? I see what you mean but relative to a fixed point versus relative
to current position seems to be two different kinds of relative, is there a
term for this?

RogerN