Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default Which Brandss of cordless phones most reliable

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
wrote:

Well, I am surprised by the positive comments on Panasonic Dect phones.
Each of the 5 handsets on my Panasonic system have failed one by one. Now
only 3 years after purchase I have to buy another complete set and start
over. I will NEVER buy another Panasonic phone. It's all very well having
the fancy functions, but not if you can't make or receive a call on it!
Trouble is, what to buy that's going to be reliable?

Any more reliable than some idiot British Google Groups user who
resurrecting a four year old thread? My Panasonic KX-TGA600S phones are
over seven years old, and still have the original batteries. They still
hold a good charge, and are used almost daily.

But the key point, since he resurrected a four year old thread, is whether
any of the phones that were discussed are still available. I thought a lot
of consumer items were basically one run things, when they run out a new
model is issued, if for no other reason than the parts that were in the
previous model may not be readily available. Functionally they stay the
same, but model numbers and innards may be different.
Michael

Had to paste above for some reason..

I still got a trusty analog well over predicted life. Same battery.
My unison phones randomly goes into privacy mode for 20 seconds, then I
say, I was off for 20 seconds. Hope the new phones, still in box, work.
They seem to change models often, and most of the phones, various brands,
are much the same.

Greg