Leon

Default Review of the Osbourn 3 miter gauge

"Pat Barber" wrote in message
I'm missing somthing here...

Why won't a sled cut many pieces the same length ???

I have used the JDS before and it is very heavy and
quite accurate but a sled with a stop block will also
cut many pieces exactly or at least mine does...

I ain't knocking the JDS, I just want to hear about
your sled.

I have 2 Dubby sleds, left and right, with adjustable fences that cut dead
on accurate from 90 to 40 degrees and each has an adjustable stop that is
good up to about 50" IIRC. The problem I have thought is that there is no
measuring scale to set the stop. I often make in excess of 100 cuts of the
same length and do not want to upset the stop setting if I need to cut a
longer board in the middle of the cutting cycle. It is far easier for me to
set the sled to one side, switch to a miter gauge to square the end of the
board and go back to the sled. My 2 stock miter gauges however seem to
never cut a perfect 90 degree angle with out some adjustment. I want a
miter gauge that I do not have to verify the 0 degree setting is going to
cut a dead on 90 degree cross cut.