Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] solesorry@gmail.com is offline

Default Cracked cast iron frame

On Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:12:15 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I bought a small press in a junk shop for $20. I mounted it on a 2x6

and let it collect dust for a year before I started to use it to

flatten sections of copper pipe. It did very well until today: There

was an ominous sound and the frame cracked:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2768312...7635013299389/

No way will I admit using a cheater bar and even if I did I barely

leaned on it. Anyway...Can this be repaired or is this thing done for?

My understanding of welding cast iron is that it is not a free lunch.

Thanks,

Michael Koblic,

Campbell River, BC

check out http://atbayappliance.com/news-and-tips/ for appliance repair news and tips from a reliable company in California.