Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT, €˜Love Boat Sails Off to the Junkyard

On 8/11/2013 10:52 PM, gregz wrote:

The only cruise I went on, was a small ship. It was more of a singles
cruise. Other than larger rooms, I don't think I would want one of the now,
very large ships.
My cruise in 1986 was fun, and you could many of the same faces every day.
It was an old boat. I went to the radio room, and saw a guy using a
straight key for morse, another looking on. Light bulb attached to antenna
transmission line, flashing morse.

Greg

I had thought about taking a cruise until I found out what they were
really like. You don't see anything. You stop at a port and go to the
local souvenir stands and back to the ship. No in depth visit to see
what the place is really like.

My niece wanted us to go on a cruise in Europe. Ten days on the ship but
only about 42 hours on land. You stopped at a couple of ports in Italy
but had to be back to the ship well before dinner time. I want real
Italian dining, not cruise ship food a couple of miles off shore.

When we go to Italy, we spend two weeks renting a villa and spend time
amongst the locals. Much more interesting.