Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
"harryagain" wrote:
"Steve Firth" wrote in message
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[snip]

Well yes. But it's impossible to tax electricity specifically for road
use. It can't be 'marked' in the same way as heating oil etc is to
differentiate that from road fuel.

No, but it's very simple to level a punitive rate if tax for consumption
in
excess of a given limit. Say we decide that the maximum permitted per
household is 300 kWh per month and anything over that is taxed at
98p/kWH.
That would sort out both excessive users[1] and electric car owners[1].

If an electric car owner can reduce use of domestic electricity to
compensate for their use in a car good luck to them.

[1] Same thing.

All you need to get round that is a PV panel.
Most sensible people will have one in the near future.

Jings but you're dumber than a ****ing rock. When the working person gets
home, how many hours of daylight before morning?

I notice that as usual with you, you have just slimed away from your
ludicrous claims about fuel and battery weight.

Which ludirous claims were those?

I expect your grandad wanted to keep horses when the ICE engine appeared.