Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Sycamore Steam Show

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 17:23:08 -0500, Ignoramus12972
wrote:

Thanks for mentioning that event.

I was at that show today, it was great. Lots of amazing looking steam
tractors, hay threshing, all kinds of fun things, a little bit of
everything for all ages. It also was not a ripoff, like those
"festivals".

Yeah, those are fun, aren't they? We have Pottsville up here. Back in
LoCal, we had the Antique Steam and Gas Museum. Same same. Parades
around their acreage including steam traction engines, tractors, old
paving machines, steam locos on sections of track going nowhere but
looking good with a head of steam, wheelwrights making wheels,
blacksmiths installing red-hot steel 'tires' or making gew jaws,
watching hit'n'miss engines powering antique sheep shears, kids
getting dirty and having fun. All in all, a good day every time.
I bought some of my Stanley hand planes and other antique hand tools
at those shindigs, usually for a song.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2...811_150920.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6...811_145457.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-I...811_132939.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-g...811_132511.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQ6sCd6II0U

They must find it difficult,
those who have taken authority as truth,
rather than truth as authority.
-- Gerald Massey, Egyptologist