Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Robotic Arm finally came in.

On 8/11/2013 8:30 AM, RogerN wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 8/10/2013 4:58 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 8/10/2013 7:42 AM, RogerN wrote:
snip

A cousin bought the original kit consisting of 3 small steppers, a
circuit
board with a parallel port connector and a 24v transformer. He left it
here in a storage room years ago and I came across it recently. I have
no
docs and the 3-1/2" floppy is corrupt. So, I want to play with it or
sell
it. In either case I need the docs and software and I can't find ****
on
the web about this model. I tried to run the kit with Mach-3 but have
no
idea how to set up the software. I assume the kit isn't worth much at
all,
is it?

I found some manuals and pinouts he
http://www.maxnc.net/category_s/1840.htm

I'll look in my old software and see if I can find the software I
have/had.

RogerN

Thanks, I've seen all that. This model is much older, the original!

I would have guessed that they still used their original board. I should
have their manual around here and the disk if I can find it, or maybe check
on my old hard drives the files. I have an old PC in my shop, don't
remember if it's 386 or 486, but it has a 3-1/2 and 5-1/4" drive, and should
have the MaxNC software loaded, if it still powers up! My kit was software
and manual only, needed cross slide vices and motors to make a 3 axis mill!

RogerN

I found a 6bg HDD with DOS and the MAXNC software. I don't have any
hook-up info, might you have that? And, can I run it with Mach-3
software? I can't make heads or tails of the settings, the motors just
get warm and don't move. (one of the motors was wired up so I
duplicated it for the other two. I do have a cross-slide vise that was
in the box and it has some AL blocks started for motor mounts. It would
be fun to build it and play with it! Thanks for any help!

OH BOY, DOS! Damn, I did love DOS! Hell, I loved CP/M.