Mike in Mystic

Default Review of the Osbourn 3 miter gauge

You're right - the sled will do the job, but the only sled I have at the
moment is pretty large and really designed for large panel crosscuts. Also,
it isn't really set up to do stop-block operations with pieces longer than
about 20" to the left of the blade. My sled is a full 40" wide and can
handle 25" wide panels and weighs a LOT. I know, I need to make a smaller
one to do things like this, BUT I have the Accu-miter, so that hasn't been a
priority With the Accumiter, the integral tape and stop block allows me
to just dial in what I need and make the cuts. I didn't mean it to sound
like a sled won't work, as I know they can and do.

Mike