Pat Barber

Default Review of the Osbourn 3 miter gauge

I'm missing somthing here...

Why won't a sled cut many pieces the same length ???

I have used the JDS before and it is very heavy and
quite accurate but a sled with a stop block will also
cut many pieces exactly or at least mine does...

I ain't knocking the JDS, I just want to hear about
your sled.

Mike in Mystic wrote:

So, I sold the EB3 and bought a JDS Accumiter and haven't looked back. I
use the gauge all the time and never have to think twice about it. I only
bought the 18-34" version (vs. the 24-48" version), but I haven't found that
to be too limiting. I still use my panel sled for a lot of cuts, but when I
have to make 20 pieces exactly the same length (like a recent job I did
making raised panel doors), the Accu-miter always gets the nod. You might
want to give it a look.