Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Robotic Arm finally came in.

"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 8/10/2013 4:58 PM, RogerN wrote:
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

On 8/10/2013 7:42 AM, RogerN wrote:

snip

A cousin bought the original kit consisting of 3 small steppers, a
circuit
board with a parallel port connector and a 24v transformer. He left it
here in a storage room years ago and I came across it recently. I have
no
docs and the 3-1/2" floppy is corrupt. So, I want to play with it or
sell
it. In either case I need the docs and software and I can't find ****
on
the web about this model. I tried to run the kit with Mach-3 but have
no
idea how to set up the software. I assume the kit isn't worth much at
all,
is it?

I found some manuals and pinouts he
http://www.maxnc.net/category_s/1840.htm

I'll look in my old software and see if I can find the software I
have/had.

RogerN

Thanks, I've seen all that. This model is much older, the original!

I would have guessed that they still used their original board. I should
have their manual around here and the disk if I can find it, or maybe check
on my old hard drives the files. I have an old PC in my shop, don't
remember if it's 386 or 486, but it has a 3-1/2 and 5-1/4" drive, and should
have the MaxNC software loaded, if it still powers up! My kit was software
and manual only, needed cross slide vices and motors to make a 3 axis mill!

RogerN