Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would drive
that distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

It means I fill up about once a month.

Do you live a very long way from a filling station? If not, why carry all
that fuel around for no reason?

In my case, I run full to empty and re-fill. Partial refilling, usually
means that I have to divert off route and fill up on the way to work or
leave earlier on the way home. Okay it's only 12 minutes or so, but I'm
a contractor and arriving 12 minutes later matters at £40 an hour! It's
certainly a hefty price increase on each partial fill.

SteveW