Posted to uk.d-i-y
SteveW[_2_] SteveW[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On 10/08/2013 07:50, ARW wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
charles wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would drive
that distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

without stopping no, but I reglarly drive to Central Scotland ina
day - that's around 430 miles.

I do Aberdeen from London. Some 540 miles using M40 M6. My car will -
just about do it on one tank. However, since I stop for a meal on the
way it's no big deal to fill up.

Try doing that journey and stopping only once with a woman in the car. They
are programmed to need a **** every 100 miles

My wife is very good in that respect, four and a half-hour journeys are
no problem. However when she was pregnant journeys consisted of stopping
at each and every motorway services!

SteveW