Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identification for onboard switch needed (Receiver Pioneer A-331)

"William Sommer****** "
"Phil Allison"
[DeOxit] merely has snob appeal.
Only fools bother with that.

I must be a fool to enjoy removing the oxide layer from a conductive
surface.

** Silver and gold plated connectors do NOT form oxides and even common
nickel plated ones barely form an oxide layer under normal room conditions.

RCA jacks can get pretty grotty. Does DeOxit/Cramolin improve the sound? I
don't know, and I don't care. I do think it's common sense to keep contact
surfaces clean. These products can be the difference between a
jack/connector interface working and not working.

** Most any hydrocarbon solvent followed by a bit of polishing with an oily
rag would do as well.

A little WD40 (or CRC 2-26 or Super Servisol etc) on a cloth does it in a
blink of the eye.

But one may not feel as *HOLY* afterwards as with the super expensive pink
goop.

Fools and their money ........

.... Phil