Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default "preventive insurance" (was: fence "boundary" )

On 08-10-2013 06:45, DerbyDad03 wrote:
The neighbor's tree dropped a large limp on my house, fence and deck.
My insurance company paid for all cleanup and repairs. They also notified
neighbor's insurance company that in their opinion the tree was not in good
health and if any of the remaining limps fell on my property my ins co
would go after them for the cost of cleanup.

There's an oak in my side yard that is contstantly dropping large
things. It's only a matter of time before it severely damages my house
or the neighbor's.

I find myself wondering whether a "reputable" company like MetLife would
pay the five grand to have it removed to avoid the damage claim that
seems inevitable. ($5K is not farfetched due to a not very accessible
location.)

I've told myself a dozen times I need to call the agent and ask,
but during business hours, I'm so #$$%^&% busy I forget to eat lunch.

--
Wes Groleau

Alive and Well
http://freepages.religions.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau/