Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] marciorenetejada@gmail.com is offline

Default Genset voltage reg: capacitor vs. AVR

El sábado, 16 de febrero de 2013 09:13:55 UTC-6, Existential Angst escribió:
What are the pro's/cons of each?

One pro for caps is that they are cheaper! The AVR ditty for my unit would

cost another near-$400.

The pro for AVR is, presumably, much tighter voltage regulation with load..

But mebbe AVR has its limits ito ruggedness?

The voltage swing on my genset is 250 - 230 V, 0-50 A. Units with AVR

claim 1-2% regulation.

Should I spring for the AVR? If a major outtage occurs, I'll be running cnc

equpment from it.

--

EA

with no-linear(UPS) loads the gen with capacitor regulation it is better than the AVR, having frequency issues