Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default fence "boundary" issue with neighbor

"Robert Green" wrote in

Good luck. I am in the middle of a similar "wait and
see" situation with a tree stump (10' tall, actually)
with the fence growing *through* it (multple boles, same
root ball). The mulberry tree I had cut down last year
just returned to life with a vengeance, sprouting two
dozen very healthy new branches from the old stump (also
pretty tall). How do you kill these things dead for
good? Silver axe? Crucifix? Kryptonite?

We don't have mulberrys but we do have Brazilian pepper trees. More of a
gigantic bush, really, very hard to kill.

My methodology - it works - is...

1. Cut down as much as possible

2. Put a thick cotton or paper towel pad over the stump

3. Saturate the pad with concentrated Rodeo (or RoundUp or 2-4D)

4. Wrap aluminum foil over the pad and around the stump

5. Tie string around stump to secure the foil.

6. Wait

--

dadiOH