Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On 10/08/13 11:26, polygonum wrote:
Says a lot of modern society if they'd fail to get to work or school
because their car won't go.

If it is just a few vehicles that are taken out, then alternatives are
often feasible - at the level of public transport, asking a friend, etc.
But if you take a large town with a large proportion of electric
vehicles, then that is much less likely to work. Our infrastructure is
such that walking or cycling is often not viable.

It never really was.
Towns exist because we have motorised transport.

********, there were towns long before we had any mechanical transport.
Towns were started for commerce and protection.

remove that and towns die.

which is probably going to happen,

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.