Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Joining Stainless Wire

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
In another group I read joining two round pieces of stainless wire often
comes up in conversation. End to end, side by side, and end to side are all
done or desired from time to time. The wire sizes range from 0.03" to 0.06"
give or take. I would be curious what approach some of you guys might take
to do these processes quickly and efficiently.

big snip

The exact application is not really important. Its not a secret, but I
often find that when you express an application people begin to critique the
why and how of the end, rather than focus on the now problem. If you know
or guess the application please keep it to yourself until the specific task
has been thought about for atleast a few days. Its not a secret. I just
would like to see some pure thought on specific process ideas first. If
nobody has blurted it out I will be glad to share in a few days.

Bob

I'm pretty sure I know what you're doing ... Get a MOT and build a tiny
spot welder . ISTR you're into electronics too ? Build a timer , bigger wire
more time . It's going to take 2 fixtures , one for the side/side and one
that can be reconfigured for the end/end and end/side welds .
--
Snag