Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Don't hire a Spanish architect to design your hi-rise.

On 8/10/2013 10:57 AM, Kuskokwim wrote:
On Fri, 09 Aug 2013 20:13:11 -0400, willshak wrote:

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50152642n

It says this:"Developers of a 47-story apartment building in Benidorm,
Spain, have forgotten to include room for an elevator."

Did they completely forget to provide space for an elevator (highly
unlikely that nobody, even the construction laborer who sweeps the floor,
would notice this until building completion), or was the space they
provided, maybe a continuation of what was provided for the lower floors,
end up being insufficient for a taller building?

Suspect the latter, and I can easily see how that could happen.

even if someone noticed it and RFI'd it, I've dealt with arrogant A/Es
who would basically respond in so many words "trust me we know what
we're doing" unless the originator of the RFI was directly related to
the elevators. (and sometimes even when it was something that was my
area of experience, I'd get that answer anyway.)

nate