Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

charles wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 10/08/13 12:40, Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
In article ,
Nightjar wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would
drive that
distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

I bought the long range tank for my car specifically to give me
a better range than that for when I go touring in Europe. I
won't do it non-stop, but I also don't have to buy fuel at
motorway prices.

Where do you stop for the night? Not on a motorway, surely? So
buy your fuel there?

Precisely. With a 600+ mile range I can fill up at whatever town
or city
I stop in for the night.

Which means you are using only motorways when touring abroad?

My destinations are usually at least a couple of days' motorway
travel away. Whether or not I use the car once there will depend
upon the destination. Places like Vienna or Berlin are best seen on
foot or using public transport. The Black Forest is somewhere to
tour around.

Colin Bignell

Germany and Italy are less than a days drive.

from where?

A French surrender.

--
Adam