Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

On 10/08/2013 12:48, Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would

drive
that distance without stopping - especially in the UK.
It means I fill up about once a month.
Do you live a very long way from a filling station?

About six miles.

If not, why carry all that fuel around for no reason?

Convenience.

Even on my fairly heavy Rover SD1 with a not particularly large petrol
tank, there is a noticeable difference in performance (when just the
driver on board) between a full and near empty tank.

Maybe it's where the weight is, unsettling the suspension? I would be
surprised if such a lardy car's acceleration is affected much by 50-odd
kg of fuel.

Really? Can't say I've noticed it on my bucket 'o bolts.

Me neither.

--
Cheers, Rob