Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default fence "boundary" issue with neighbor

micky wrote:
On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 22:34:50 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

....snip...

My understanding is that a tree falling is considered an "Act of God", and is
the problem of the recipient, not the tree owner - many places anyway.

Not if the tree is sick (dying?), and subject to falling over, and
that is apparent from the outside of the tree, then the owner knew or
should have known that the tree might fall over, and he's usually
liable.

....snip...

We'll see...

The neighbor's tree dropped a large limp on my house, fence and deck. My
insurance company paid for all cleanup and repairs. They also notified the
neighbor's insurance company that in their opinion the tree was not in good
health and if any of the remaining limps fell on my property my ins co
would go after them for the cost of cleanup.

We'll see what happens when it happens.