Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would drive
that distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

It means I fill up about once a month.

Do you live a very long way from a filling station?

About six miles.

If not, why carry all that fuel around for no reason?

Convenience.

Even on my fairly heavy Rover SD1 with a not particularly large petrol
tank, there is a noticeable difference in performance (when just the
driver on board) between a full and near empty tank.

--
*Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.