Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default fence "boundary" issue with neighbor

On Fri, 9 Aug 2013 22:34:50 -0700, "Bob F"
wrote:

Wes Groleau wrote:
On 08-09-2013 23:56, Bob F wrote:
Hot-Text wrote:
boundary is called the yard-line
Who yard-line side is the fence on?

I've heard of yard lines in football, never for real estate.

Maybe where you live it is. What part of the country are you posting
from? What country? ;-)

Do you mean property line?

For I put up a fence I ask the neighbor to go 50/50 with me
he said no
So I put it on my side of the yard-line and pay for it all
2 year after the neighbor tree fall on it
he pay 100% to fix it

My understanding is that a tree falling is considered an "Act of God", and is
the problem of the recipient, not the tree owner - many places anyway.

Not if the tree is sick (dying?), and subject to falling over, and
that is apparent from the outside of the tree, then the owner knew or
should have known that the tree might fall over, and he's usually
liable.

If a tree or part of a tree never has any leaves, or if one can see
rotting wood in it, those are good signs that it's dead or dying.

It's a good idea if someone B on adjacent property sees that a
neighbor C's tree or part of his tree is sick, if B notifies C.