Posted to alt.home.repair
Guv Bob Guv Bob is offline

Default fence issue with neighbor

"leza wang" wrote in message ...
Hi
I just would love to hear your opinion about this....

Butt seriously....

I think you're probalby in the right, and I'd say you're handling it very well.

If the men did no damage, just wait for them to finish and clean it up. But be sure to tell your neighbor now what happened. A good neighbor would be at least embarassed and would appreciate your not making a big deal out of it.

About the fence, you do need to know on whose property the fence is sitting. If it's on your side, you can insist that they restore or replace that section. If it's on the neighbor's side, you could either toss the wood back over, or (what I would do) keep the wood and fasten it back to the fence yourself after all is over.