Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default Ikea vs B&Q for DIY furniture

On 09/08/2013 12:26 Frank Erskine wrote:

On 09 Aug 2013 10:58:04 +0100 (BST), (Alan
Braggins) wrote:

In article , The Other Mike wrote:
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 11:17:53 +0100, F news@nowhere wrote:
On 03/08/2013 17:10 Tim Streater wrote:

The thing that really ****es me off about IKEA and will cause me never
to browse there except under conditions of extreme need is the way they
force you walk through the *whole* *****ing* *store* in order to get
out. At least the Lakeside one does and it's *annoying*.

There are shortcuts at the Leeds branch that can shorten the route
through considerably.

I suspect there are shortcuts in every store. They were easy to find in the two
in Scandinavia I frequented 20+ years ago

Certainly there were in the Lakeside one when I last used it some years ago.
(I doubt they've blocked them, but they don't make them very obvious.)

_They_ are probably staff shortcuts for their use in case of fire!

No, there are no doors on them and they are signposted.