Posted to alt.home.repair
Wes Groleau Wes Groleau is offline

Default fence "boundary" issue with neighbor

On 08-09-2013 23:56, Bob F wrote:
Hot-Text wrote:
boundary is called the yard-line
Who yard-line side is the fence on?

For I put up a fence I ask the neighbor to go 50/50 with me
he said no
So I put it on my side of the yard-line and pay for it all
2 year after the neighbor tree fall on it
he pay 100% to fix it

Nice neighbor! He probably didn't have to.

If he has a mortgage, he has insurance. If the "injured party" has
insurance, and makes a claim, his insurance company pays well and
promptly to avoid wasting time and money in a court case they know they
would lose. Then they raise the other guy's rates.

The only way he can avoid an increase of premiums is to settle directly
and quickly to keep the insurance companies out of it.

--
Wes Groleau

€œGrant me the serenity to accept those I cannot change;
the courage to change the one I can;
and the wisdom to know it's me.€
€” unknown