Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default So *that's* where that tool has been!

DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

Some of you may recall the thread I started about refinishing the hinges on
my trailer. After I was done with them, I moved on to freshening up the
white Rust-Cap paint that I used on the wheels a few years ago.

Well, as long as I had the wheels off and a can of black spray paint in the
shop, I figured I might as well freshen up the fenders also. There are 4
bolts that hold each fender to the trailer. Using a 3/8? socket, I took off
the first 7 bolts with no problem. Reaching up under the fender I tried to
get the socket on the last bolt and it just wouldn't go on. There was
definitely something in the way.

When I reached in with my hand to figure out what was going on, I
discovered that the 3/8? socket I had used the last time I took the fenders
off - 3 years ago - was still on the head of the bolt! It was very rusty,
but it came off with just a little effort. It had somehow hung on for 3
years and thousands of miles.

Does that mean there's hope that I'll find the other tools that have
disappeared over the years?

No, your mechanic has them. He collects tools. I
used to throw open the hood just find what others
left behind.

--
Tekkie