Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

In article ,
charles wrote:
I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would drive
that distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

without stopping no, but I reglarly drive to Central Scotland ina day -
that's around 430 miles.

I do Aberdeen from London. Some 540 miles using M40 M6. My car will - just
about do it on one tank. However, since I stop for a meal on the way it's
no big deal to fill up.

If I had to recharge a battery at my stops,
the journey would not get done in a day thus involving an overnight
stay.

Oh indeed. I doubt any pure electric car will ever have the range of a
petrol one - if relying on some form of storage of electricity.

If I went on to Inverness - which I have done once, then the 600
mile range is relevant.

Wonder how many filling stations you pass on your route? ;-)

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.