Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - another tablet question

On 9 Aug 2013 09:42:10 GMT, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

Research into current tablets indicates that 10" is the right size; 7"
is very definitely too small.

Depends how you are going to use it. If hand held 10" jobbies are
heavy and in landscape don't balance well. I have a 7" Samsung Tab
II, comfortably works for my use which is mostly hand held email and
an web browsing. It's about a year old so I guess something better is
now on the market but the screen is bright and sharp, provided you
aren't in full sun but no screens can cope with that situation. I've
not had any troubles with crashing, or getting annoyed by
zooming/scrolling.

What does annoy me is the touch screen, it's very sensitive and when
you have a tremor... Or with my fingers it detects a touch not where
I think I'm going to touch and occasionally it'll acknowledge a touch
(by highlighting or similar) but not actually do that action and
occasionally ignore a touch/swipe completely. I don't think the touch
problems are down to my particular machine, I find all touch screens
suffer the same problems.

--
Cheers
Dave.