Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Electric cars still a bit ****e

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Streater wrote:
As your pricing example points out, EV's are *nearly* there, and the
Renault pricing deal will be enough to bring-in more early adopters.

Not with a ****y 130 mile range they aren't; I get a 600 mile range with
a dizzle C4.

I doubt many people actually need a 600 mile range. Few would drive that
distance without stopping - especially in the UK.

without stopping no, but I reglarly drive to Central Scotland ina day -
that's around 430 miles. If I had to recharge a battery at my stops, the
journey would not get done in a day thus involving an overnight stay. If I
went on to Inverness - which I have done once, then the 600 mile range is
relevant.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18