Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - another tablet question

On Friday, 9 August 2013 11:18:59 UTC+1, Lee wrote:
On 09/08/2013 10:42, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

Given an aversion to Apple,

Understood but have you personally compared an iOS and Android device of

similar hardware specs side-by-side?

I have a relatively high end Android tablet running 4.2, with a quad

core CPU and 32Gb plus an SD card slot but it annoys me because it just

doesn't work as well as my iPad at what I use it for.

A friend has a similar experience and eneded up ditching his tablet.
The scrolling didn;t always work, unlike his ipod which did.
he just annoyed him so much that teh simple tqasks such as browsing kept crashing. The only think it did better was watching flash content which kept freezing anyway.
He's saving up for an ipad saying something about crusifying his tablet.

I guess my point is, just buy a cheap Android tablet because the
expensive ones are not going to work all that much better.
All very much IMO of course

Somteimes you get what you pay for.