Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RogerN RogerN is offline

Default Robotic Arm finally came in.

"Paul Drahn" wrote in message ...

On 8/8/2013 5:15 PM, RogerN wrote:

snip

It seems this could present a wide variety of interesting challenges, I'm
hoping to learn how to do the 3D kinematics to position various points of
the end effector to world coordinates and angles. I think this would
also
be applicable to 4+ axis on CNC machining.

RogerN

Does it supply some kind of feedback via the serial cable or is a one-way
communication?

Paul

It sends feedback like how many encoder counts the motors have to go, if
they are in position, near position, plus limit switch and input states. It
appears so far that you have to keep track of the actual position on the PC
program, I haven't found commands where the robot controller tells you the
absolute position.

I'm trying to get up and running with Visual Basic to see if I can get
communications going with it. The old DOS program feels awkward but it
works.

RogerN