Posted to uk.d-i-y
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default OT - another tablet question

As usual, OT but a good place for advice.

We are considering buying a tablet some time this year.
Cut off is end of November when we go on holiday.

Research into current tablets indicates that 10" is the right size; 7" is
very definitely too small.

No 3G/4G required.
16GB with add on memory card slot preferred, as you can usually buy 16GB
of micro SD card for less than the memory upgrade.

Given an aversion to Apple, the best bet to date seems to be the Sony
Xperia Z 10" which most closely meets our needs.

However firstly this still seems to be available only at full price and in
very few stores and secondly there may be something better just round the
corner.

http://tabletmonkeys.com/new-tablets/

lists a load of tablets and release dates but apart from the Galaxy S12
(which going by previous Samsung products won't have the expandable memory
and possibly not even the external connectivity of the Sony) I can't seem
to pick any obvious contenders.

Anyone know of any good stuff coming along?

Cheers

Dave R