Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default cut hole in load bearing wall concern

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 14:44:01 +0000, phxmod
wrote:

I have a load bearing cmu block wall (roof ties into it) that a plumber
had to access inside to get to a water line to abandon. To do this he
knocked out approximately a 12" tall by 8" wide hole in the wall near the
bottom with a hammer (wall is a 10' tall and 8x4x16 open cell block not
filled or rebar). See image.

http://www.homeownershub.com/img/10

Broken link fixed.

Should I be concerned about the structural integrity of the wall being
compromised from a hole this size, or should I add any kind of support to
it?

Also, what can be done to cover back up the hole?

Replace some blocks?