Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Toolbelt - Yes or No?

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 20:02:34 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

On 8/7/13 2:35 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I've never been a "toolbelt" person. Have instead used a small
tote/caddy for my stuff. Just saw an ad from Ace Hardware for a
toolbelt. Wondering what people think of using them, am I missing out
on a good thing? They reason I've not used them in the past is I
perceive them as not sufficient to carry all the stuff I want with me
like my multimeter, some nuts and bolts, small sockets, screw drivers,
new parts, etc.

I use one due to the distances I have to walk to do repairs. It's
also handy because it's too easy to forget something. A little plastic
food container fits into one of the pouches. That's a good place to
store the screws, wire nuts etc.
I also have one of these CLC tool backpacks. It has more storage
space. Link he http://tinyurl.com/lpn9kcq I'm not sure which
one I have anymore. It's about 30 feet from my lazy chair and way too
far away to check.

This is the kind of thing I've been using... has a pull out drawer
along the bottom for small hardware items.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/tooltoter