Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Sears power tool parts

On Thu, 08 Aug 2013 00:29:30 -0400, Fred McKenzie
wrote:

In article ,
Bob_Villa wrote:

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 7:13:55 PM UTC-5, Dean Hoffman wrote:

The local TruValue store used to get parts for tools. I got parts

for my DeWalt drill and maybe a Makita drill also from them. I have no

idea if they could get stuff that would fit Craftsman.

It's an Ace Hardware now so who knows what they would or could do.

If they know their "stuff" they may know who manufactured it for Sears and
order the parts that way.

Sears products often have a model number in the form of 123.45678. The
first digits represent the source or manufacturer. See
http://sears.pammar.net/maker.html or
http://vintagemachinery.org/craftsman/manufacturers.aspx.

If you can find a part number at the Sears PartsDirect website, it is
usually the manufacturer's part number. It is possible a part
discontinued by Sears, is still available from other sources.
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action

Fred

I got the part number right off the SALES side of the sears website.
Plugged it into the Parts side and nothing found. The guy at the
store claims the guys at the parts side have a different index and
might be able to look it up.