Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default Sears power tool parts

On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 04:02:12 -0700 (PDT), Bob_Villa
wrote:

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 7:18:12 PM UTC-5, Ashton Crusher wrote:
I"ve got an Craftsman bench grinder I bought over 30+ years ago. Needs

a replacement for one of the eyeshelds. When I go to the searsparts

website and look up the model number it finds it but they no longer

carry that part. So I looked at some of their current bench grinders

and it looked like maybe the eye shields on them might fit. So I

copied the model number of the ones they are SELLING NOW and plugged

it into the parts site and it doesn't find anything for that model

number - like the grinder doesn't even exist. Does that mean sears is

no longer going to provide parts for their stuff?

What is the thickness? Could you cut plexi and glass? Glass on the bottom of the sandwich.

I stopped by their store and it looks like the shields on the new ones
will work (with a couple washers to shim it) IF the parts dept carries
them - going to call them tomorrow.