Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

On 8/6/2013 10:44 AM, Leon wrote:
August 1 I ordered 60 rare earth magnets from Lee Valley. I got a
receipt and confirmation number. Checking on the order today they have
no record of the order and are not willing to expedite shipping on the
order unless I am willing to pay an additional $30+ dollars for second
day shipping.

I'm thinking I should pay the original $10 shipping and they pick up the
difference in price to get it here more quickly.

I canceled the order.

OK now,

The final final follow up. ;~)

Your email was forward to us by Robin Lee, we are very sorry that we

were not able to help you after the first request. We should have used
this opportunity to investigate immediately.

We believe we have identified the problem. By using the “back”

buttons to navigate during the secure checkout process it is possible to
generate an incomplete order. At this time it seems to be specific to
the Google Chrome or Safari Web browsers, can you confirm this? Our
Website and IT teams will be investigating further and we hope to have a
resolution shortly.

Meanwhile, please allow us to take your order again via our website

or phone. We could ship it out tomorrow and we will offer you expedited
shipping and remove all shipping charges?

Please let us know how you would like to proceed, we are very sorry

this has happened. I can be reached by phone at ###############.

Regards,

John Nicol

E-Comm Team Leader

Lee Valley Tools

Hi John,

Yes I was using Chrome but don't recall using the back button but it
could have been a possibility.

I think the real problem is that, regardless of how I got there, I was
confident that the total indicated on my receipt and the confirmation
number on the receipt along with the print receipt button on that page
was the end of a successful order process.

As for replacing the order I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately when
I learned that It would cost me an additional $20~$30 for shipping to
expedite the order to arrive within the previously expected time frame I
declined and placed the order with Amazon. Their free shipping normally
arrives 3~4 sooner than the normal shipping from LV.
In this particular instance I had already quoted my customer a price for
the item on this order and I was simply going to pass my cost straight
on to her. I had no wiggle room and time was a factor.

I am not a real frequent customer directly but do advise many of my
customers to order direct from your store to save, in particular cabinet
hardware. My concern with this happening to me is that It was surely
happening to other customers. I would not want to refer my customers to
your site if they were going to have this type problem. Being in Texas
most all of my customers have never heard of LV and I do up sell your
services and products.

Anyway my whole reason for rattling cages was to insure that those that
would want to know how this incident played out were made aware.

Thank you for your time and offer, it was what I expected when I first
followed up yesterday morning.