Posted to alt.home.repair
metspitzer metspitzer is offline

Default Toolbelt - Yes or No?

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:11:41 -0400, Metspitzer
wrote:

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:35:02 -0700, Ashton Crusher
wrote:

I've never been a "toolbelt" person. Have instead used a small
tote/caddy for my stuff. Just saw an ad from Ace Hardware for a
toolbelt. Wondering what people think of using them, am I missing out
on a good thing? They reason I've not used them in the past is I
perceive them as not sufficient to carry all the stuff I want with me
like my multimeter, some nuts and bolts, small sockets, screw drivers,
new parts, etc.

I wore a tool belt, but it was a small one. Multi bit screwdriver,
channelocks, lineman's pliers and wire stripers. It was light enough
where it did not bother me.

Trying to fill a pouch with everything you think you might need would
make it too heavy to wear. Keep a tool bag or mud bucket for hacksaw,
hammer and a tester.

And an apron for small nuts and bolts and wirenuts.