Hoyt Weathers

Default How to make keys for dovetailed mitre splines?

I have The New Router Handbook by Patrick Spielman. On page 307 therein, the keys for
the dovetailed mitre cut are shown inserted into the dovetail cut across the corner
of the glued mitre joint. I wish to make that joint and the keys. Actually I wish to
make the key *stock* from which to cut the individual keys. Looking at their ends,
the keys appear to be truncated triangles with their bases deep into the glued mitre
joint. I do not have a good router table, but I do have a Crapsman metal table-top
affair for my old Crapsman 1/4" router. I hope to be able to make the stock with my
TS. Is there a 1/4" router bit which looks like this: to make the key stock?
That would appear to be dangerous though. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Hoyt W.