Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Shed foundation quandary

On Sun, 4 Aug 2013 12:11:29 -0700 (PDT), MJ

First thing of importance is any local requirements. Secondly if not
on a slab it's good to have it up to where you have access if needed.
Sono tubes can be a good way to go and are easy depending on what your
frost level is. Helping the neighbor put in a 14 x 20 shed right now
where we have 5' drop over the 14'. I have an excavator so it's
working out with lots of big rocks available to build retaining walls.
But there was the adventure when the ground gave way and I slipped
down the side of a rock. Your talking two old guys looking at each
other with big moon eyes as I wondered if I was going over, and he
wondered if it was on him. Learned to wear the seat belt when the
unknown can happen so all was well.