Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

"Leon" wrote in message

"dadiOH" wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

They could have handled it better from the start and
not blame you. Could be a lot of reasons it screwed
up.

Both true but from what I've read in this read (not
all) I'm thinking that the problem was that the page
timed out before the order was actually placed.

Normally, when ordering stuff online, you are
eventually presented with a page detailing the order;
an invoice, essentially. There is often/usually a
confirmation number too and a suggestion that the
purchaser print the page but the order isn't actually
placed until the buyer hits the "Place Order" or
"Submit" or whatever button. Once that is done, gears
grind, stuff whirls, credit card is checked & charged
and eventually - if all has gone well - a new page pops
up and thanks you for your order. I rather imagine
that final "Thank you" page didn't pop up for Leon.

Actually with this Lee Valley order I got the print
"Receipt" button on the receipt/confirmation number page
after clicking the place order button.

I have to ask, would you think the order was accepted
after all of that?

Absolutely.

Seriously, What more conformation should I have been
looking for?

Only the email acknowledgement but I don't spend much time looking for those
myself; if one didn't show up, I probably wouldn't even notice.

--

dadiOH