Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival
Winston_Smith[_4_] Winston_Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Battery Warranties

On Wed, 07 Aug 2013 09:13:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

I had to replace the BIOS chips and add bios boards to correct the BIOS
in some older computers so 21'st century dates worked in the old boxes
but a lot of imbedded digital control systems couldn't be modified but
they never stopped working an to the great disappointment Y2K
doomsayers, none of the old digital equipment exploded at midnight. ^_^

"None" is an overstatement. There wasn't much but there was some. We
spent a lot of time where I worked testing stuff and upgrading as
necessary. MS put out patches on DOS. It would have been a bit more of
a problem if the "alarmists" hadn't blackmailed the "nay sayers" into
taking the problem seriously before hand.

At the personal level, the promise of no computers anymore, I was
bitterly disappointed. ;}