Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Identification for onboard switch needed (Receiver Pioneer A-331)

On 08/06/2013 11:01 PM, Phil Allison wrote:
"dave"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Rheilly Phoull"

How does the WD40 go for pots ?

** If a squirt of WD40 does not restore good operation - nothing else
will.

But be very careful with linear faders as it can dissolve the grease that
gives them a nice feel - if possible, open them up and clean the track
and
wipers with a rag and small brush dipped in WD40.

I have always thought it was short term and destructive.

** Nonsense.

DeOxit Red is what I use for rotary pots.

** I have a small ( 75ml) can of Caig "DeOxit D100" in the workshop -
bought it a few years ago for a price about 10 times that of WD40.

Dammed if I can find a single job it is any good for.

It has almost no penetrating ability and is a poor grease solvent.

D100 has no solvents. That is why you can't use it on your greasy
electronics.

http://store.caig.com/s.nl/it.A/id.1...2&category=188