Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

On Tue, 06 Aug 2013 22:08:32 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

I really don't think I am over reacting, They are basically saying that
there was no order generated, and that I am at fault with the way I
placed my order. I have a receipt to prove that there was.
Either way I ordered from them because of their reputation and the fact
that if there is a problem they handle it much better than my past
dealings with Amazon when I had a problem. Amazon was less expensive
but I was willing to wait longer, 2 weeks, and pay a bit more for that
ease of mind. My mistake.

They could have handled it better from the start and not blame you.
Could be a lot of reasons it screwed up. OTOH, I wonder how many
people accuse them of late shipments and expect them to eat the cost
of overnight freight?

The person you spoke to should have apologized and promised to ship
your order that day, but to upgrade the cost of freight to more than
the profit potential is expecting too much.

Leon, I've always respected your postings here, but this time you did
not come across as the gentleman you usually are. Maybe I'm reading
it wrong, you came across like a spoiled kid that did not get his way.
I hope I'm wrong.